sobota, 8 kwietnia 2017

Family

 Hi everyone, Melissa here with a page for my Mixed Media Warrior design team post. I have used a photo of my son and his fiance taken on New Year's Eve.





To make this page I glued a 12 x 12 piece of watercolor paper to a piece of heavy cardboard using mod podge.  I wanted to make a nice solid base that would stay flat. I put a piece of gauze on with heavy gesso. I painted a watercolor paper mat with LSG and put the photo on top. Using glossy accents I applied flowers and butterflies.





I added layers of LSG and more texture, including 7 Dots stickers, micro beads,seed beads,pearls, stickers, some metal corner stickers by Martha Stewart,jump rings, rhinestones, and bling.I added two Tim Holtz chipboard hearts that I painted blue over white gesso, and topped with a thick coat of Ranger clear crackle; I let them dry overnight.  I brushed on white gesso on all the embellishments as a base for more color. You can see a lot of gold paint,it's acrylic by Firefly. It's pretty thick, and easy to dry brush on raised up parts.   The Family chipboard is wood, I can't remember what brand it is.  





To create a balance of color between the photo and background, I needed to put in some dark shades. I used a bark Inktense watercolor pencil, some coffee Tattered Angels mist, and a black watercolor crayon.  I had started off with just a purple blue mix of LSS, Blue Bachelor Button, and Sweet Violet Purple Blue. 





Towards the end of the project I added a mix of LSG teal, Bachelor Button Blue and a lot of water; I brushed it on several areas. The gold chain and gold with rhinestone heart are from Hobby Lobby, and the pear shaped blue rhinestone I think is from Michaels. On top of the 7 Dots sticker I used Tim Holtz blue distress glitter. I glued on champagne metal glitter by Stampendous on the background in a few areas.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!




1 komentarz:

Popularne posty